Even if you have a good command of using f-stop numbers and properly exposing photographs, you might not understand the math behind why f-stop numbers are what they are. Here’s a simple (albeit math-filled) explanation by Dylan Bennett of what f-stop is, including a simple trick you can use to memorize the f-stop scale.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Photo of a Syrian Girl Surrendering to the Camera Breaks the Internet's Heart
- A Roundup of April Fools’ 2015 Jokes in the World of Photography
- Nikon Unveils the P∞, the First Compact Camera with a 1458x Zoom Lens
- How to Capture Stunning Star Trail Photos in Light Polluted Places
- Satire: Disgruntled Pixel Peepers Say Canon 5DS Still Not Enough
- DigitalRev Parodies Top Gear for Its Nikon D5 Review
- 13 Mind-Bending Thoughts About Photography
- The World's Smallest 80MP Medium Format Camera for Drones Unveiled by Phase One Industrial
- Touching Photos of a Family's Special Bond with the Magpie They Rescued
- Is This a First Look at Canon's Upcoming Large Sensor PowerShot Camera?