Even if you have a good command of using f-stop numbers and properly exposing photographs, you might not understand the math behind why f-stop numbers are what they are. Here’s a simple (albeit math-filled) explanation by Dylan Bennett of what f-stop is, including a simple trick you can use to memorize the f-stop scale.
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Young Self-Taught Photographer Captures Wanderers Against Magnificent Landscapes
- Old Photos Reveal Weird Thanksgiving Traditions from 100 Years Ago
- Impressive Product Photograph Captured with a Smartphone, a Lamp, and a Few Flashlights
- Sony Officially Announces the a7II in the US! Will Ship in Time for Christmas
- Power Hungry: Poignant Photos Compare the Meals of the Rich and Poor Throughout History
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Flickr Taking Heat from CC Photographers for Selling Their Work as Wall Art Without Compensation
- Using Clipping Masks and Drop Shadows to Turn Any Portrait Into a Sculpturesque Image