Benny Winfield Jr, perhaps better known as mrpimpgoodgame, has almost 36,000 followers on Instagram and plans to put his face on a T-Shirt that will likely sell pretty well if he does. What did the Huston, TX resident do to earn this kind of Internet fame and recognition? Why, he took selfies of course. Read more…
For a fleeting, wonderful moment, it seemed that all of our Instagram popularity dreams were coming true. Released two days ago, the app Firegram used some automatic magic to get your photos way more attention than they would ever have gotten on their own. When Roi Carthy of TechCrunch tried it out on one of his photos he got a whopping 56 likes (%1500 increase) in no time.
Alas, if it seems too good to be true, that’s because it wasn’t meant to last. As of now the app has been “discovered” by Instagram and denied access to its API — no likes for you.
If the concept of spending real money on a like, comment or follower on Instagram seems downright strange to you, then join the club. But a couple of new websites seem to be capitalizing on people who are willing to do just that. Both Buy Instagram Followers and Buy Instagram Likes sell packages of tens, hundreds and even thousands of likes, comments, and followers that desperate seekers of Instagram popularity can purchase given they’ve got enough dough to spend. Read more…
Social recommendation engine Hunch has a new Twitter Followers Tool that can analyze a Twitter account’s followers and make predictions to what they would answer for certain questions.
For an account to be analyzed, it needs to be “famous”, which Hunch defines as having more than 1,000 followers. We had PetaPixel analyzed and received a gigantic list of predicted answers. Here’s a selection:
- Word Association: I say photo, you say: Flickr
- When the traffic light turns yellow, are you more naturally inclined to: Brake quickly
- Do you fold your underwear? Yes
- Do you have a blog or keep a personal website? Yes
- If you suddenly became independently wealthy, in one year do you think you’d:
Still be doing the same type of work I do now
- Do you think John Travolta is a good actor? No
- When waiting in the slowest of three lines, will you dart to another line to save a minute? Nah, what’s the rush?
- Can art change the world? Yes
- Are you a Mac person or a PC person? Mac
- Do you think Microsoft has made the world a better place? No
- Do you think name brand products are usually of higher quality than generic versions? Yes, the brands invest in products and have a reputation to maintain
- If the opportunity presented itself in a safe environment, would you volunteer to be Tasered, to see what it feels like? Get real, no
- Do you consider yourself an environmentalist? Yes
- Do you have an iPhone? Yes
- Do you enjoy shopping for clothes? No
- Are you male or female? Male
It’s interesting that many of these questions are actually things we’ve asked in our polls. Maybe in the future we’ll run a “Do you fold your underwear?” poll.
Do these predicted answers describe you well?