If you’ve ever wondered when, or how, or why you might use a ring light or ring flash, this short lighting tutorial from The Slanted Lens should help you answer all of those questions. In this case, Jay P. Morgan was shooting for Zombie Juice soda and he took the opportunity to explain why he chose to use a ring flash, some of the disadvantages of ring flashes, and how he supplemented it to get the perfect shot.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- Conflict Photogs Reflect on the Realities of the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Chrysler’s Ram Super Bowl Commercial Composed Entirely of Photos
- Mind-blowing Short Film Shows Trip of a Lifetime Around the World
- 500px Prime Goes Live, Will Offer Photogs 70% Off the Top Instead of 30%
- Photo Essay on Bombing Suspect Taken Offline to Stop Theft by Screenshot