If you’ve ever wondered when, or how, or why you might use a ring light or ring flash, this short lighting tutorial from The Slanted Lens should help you answer all of those questions. In this case, Jay P. Morgan was shooting for Zombie Juice soda and he took the opportunity to explain why he chose to use a ring flash, some of the disadvantages of ring flashes, and how he supplemented it to get the perfect shot.
Hot Stories Top 100
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Nikon's D810 Beats Out Its Predecessors to Become DxOMark's Top Sensor
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?
- Photographer Turns Her Spam Emails into Imagined Portraits of the Imaginary Senders
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Pentax Joins Medium Format DSLR Game
- Looking into the Future: Whose Camera Will I Buy in 2018?
- The Arcanum: An Online ‘Hogwarts’ Where You Can Learn One-on-One from the Pros
- Hawaii Volcanoes Time-Lapse: An Awe-Inspiring ‘Sea to Summit’ Journey
- Photographer Benoit Paillé Captures Real Photos of the Virtual World of GTA V