Continuous lights aren’t used as often when shooting stills, but for those of you who enjoy using your SLR to shoot the occasional (or more than occasional) video, this cheap DIY ring light may be worth a shot. If you’re going to attempt it, know in advance that you’ll need to have a little bit of DIY savvy and a few tools handy (a soldering iron and a dremel tool), but as long as you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and do some basic electrical work, the final product seems to work pretty well — and looks cool to boot.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Open Letter to Client Regarding the 'Job Killer' Quoted Rate
- Rumor: Sony a9 Pro Full Frame E-Mount Will Be the First of a New, Higher-End Line
- Sony Announces the a7II: The World's First Full-Frame Camera with 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Here are Portraits of Dogs Flying Through the Air
- What's the Fastest Lens Theoretically Possible? And What Would it Look Like?
- What Photographers Really Should Be Learning in School
- The Consequences of Working for Free
- Mesmerizing 4K Time-Lapse of Earth Captured by a Weather Satellite 25,000 Miles Away
- Heroes, Villains, and Pop Culture Characters Go 'Super Flemish' in 16th Century Style Portraits
- Rumor: Sony May Announce a7II with 5-Axis Stabilization Within the Next Few Days