Chemin Vert is a project created by Italian artist Giacomo Miceli using photographs from Google Street View. It’s a journey through five continents over four seasons at a simulated 930 mph. The video above was created by mapping the Street View images as stereographic projections (i.e. “tiny planets”), but there’s also an interactive, immersive version of the project here.
Hot Stories Top 100
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- Macro Photos That Focus In on the Beautiful Details of Ordinary Things
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing
- Why Wedding Photographers' Prices are “Wack”
- Words of Wisdom for Photographers by Renowned Photojournalist Steve McCurry
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- What If Clients Don’t Really Need 'Professional Photography'?
- Study Finds that Professionally Captured Photos Are More Memorable Than Amateur Ones