There’s a well known photography joke that goes, “If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event, which lens would you use?” While it’s certainly morbid and pretty absurd, there’s plenty of examples of photographers having a “shoot first” mentality in a time of crisis. The rally racing photographer seen in this video provides one such example.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Instagram Censors Photo of Fully Clothed Woman on Period, Causes Uproar
- Pranksters Put Up Fake 'Shot on iPhone 6' Ads Next to Real Apple Billboards
- How to Do Cinematic Color Grading on Your Photos with Photoshop
- Photographers Shooting in West Virginia Reportedly Harassed and Detained by 'Mob'
- Just the Lenses: The Great 200mm Shootout
- Arkansas Passes Privacy Bill That Could Kill Street Photography
- Buying or Selling Used Gear on Craigslist? Arrange the Meetup at a Police Station
- Check Out the Nikon P900's Ridiculous 83x Zoom
- Hike-Lapse: Man Walks the 2,600 Miles from Mexico to Canada and Snaps a Selfie Every Mile
- An Automated Slide Film Scanner Built with LEGOs
- Trey Ratcliff’s Trip to China Included Drone Confiscation & a Chinese Detention Center
- Tongue-in-Cheek Infographic Predicts How Many Likes Your Instagram Post Will Get
- PhaseOne Rains on the Hasselblad Parade with a New 50MP CMOS Digital Back
- When Photo Thieves Get Caught, Photo Thieves Get Mad — REALLY Mad.
- The Impossible Project VP Talks About Resurrecting the Polaroid Instamatic