It’s always fun listening to photographers recount once-in-a-lifetime experiences that lead to once-in-a-lifetime photographs. In this short National Geographic video, photographer Brian Skerry describes what it was like to get up close and personal with a 45-foot-long whale. We only wish there was a little video to go along with his wonderful storytelling!
Hot Stories Top 100
- How I Built a Custom Desk and Wire-Free Workspace for My Photo Editing
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- Macro Photos That Focus In on the Beautiful Details of Ordinary Things
- Why Wedding Photographers' Prices are “Wack”
- What If Clients Don’t Really Need 'Professional Photography'?
- Single Edition Leica 600mm f/5 Prototype Lens Shows Up on eBay for $230,000
- Study Finds that Professionally Captured Photos Are More Memorable Than Amateur Ones
- Illusion of Lights: A Time-Lapse of the Night Sky Above the Western United States
- The Moment Case Equips Your iPhone with a Shutter Button, Lens, and Camera Strap