Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Hot Stories Top 100
- 7 Simple Tips, Tricks and Ideas for Taking More Creative Smartphone Photos
- Video: See How the Canon 1200mm 'Mother of All Telephoto Lenses' Performs in the Wild
- When You Flip Through an IKEA Catalog, 75% of the 'Photography' You See is CGI
- Why Wedding Photographers' Prices are “Wack”
- The Burning Man Time-Lapse to End All Burning Man Time-Lapses
- Here's How iPhone Thermal Cameras Can Be Used to Steal Your Pin Codes
- Dad Captures Embarrassing Video of Daughter Taking Crazy Selfies in the Backseat
- Photographer Gives Us an Inside Look at Meghalaya, India, 'The Wettest Place On Earth'
- How to Alienate Photography Models in Five Easy Steps
- Photographer Creates a Fantasy World for Her One-Handed Daughter to Show Her Anything is Possible