Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- iOS App Solves the Problem of 'Overswiping' When You Hand a Friend your Phone to Look at Photos
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- Stop Hiding: Show YOU and You Won't be 'Just Another Photographer with Pretty Images'
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?
- 6 Flash Alternatives Beginners Should Always Keep in Mind
- Photographer Turns Her Spam Emails into Imagined Portraits of the Imaginary Senders
- DJI DropSafe Automatic Parachute Will Try to Save Your Camera if Your Drone Falls Out of the Sky
- No Bokeh? No Problem! These Out of Focus Backgrounds Hold You Over Until You Get that Fast Lens
- Microsoft Updates SkyDrive With Fancy Photo Timeline and Faster Uploads
- Powerful New In-Browser Photo Editing Tools Added to Google+
- New Photo Sharing App Color Raises a Whopping $41 Million in Funding
- Walnut and Cherry Wood Coverings for the Fujifilm X100
- From Bottles to Wall Art: Adorn Your Walls with Prints Made from Recycled Bottles