Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Video: Football Player Falls On and Snaps Canon Telephoto Lens in Half on the Sideline
- Beauty Retouching from the Early 1900s: A Portrait of Actress Joan Crawford That's 'Photoshopped'
- Photographer Alex Teuscher's Moody Photos of New York City 'Above as Below'
- Photographer Accidentally Captures a Rare Fireball Explosion in His Night Sky Time-Lapse
- Photographer Pays Homage to Childhood by Inserting Star Wars Into Real World Snapshots
- This Nighttime Shoot Involved 9,000 Pounds of Gear and Skiers Covered with 7,000 LEDs
- Couple Imagines Everything that Could Go Wrong while Babysitting in Fun Photoshop Series
- The 'Study of Pose': An Encyclopedia of 1,000 Different Poses by Supermodel Coco Rocha
- ChargeAll is the World's Smallest Battery Pack with a Standard Wall Outlet for Charging Your Gear
- This Adams Retouching Machine Helped Old School 'Photoshoppers' Touch Up Negatives by Hand