Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- Helmet Cam Strapped to Hunting Falcon Captures “Birds-Eye-View” Footage
- Manta Ray Mugs Cameraman and Steals Canon 5D Mark II
- The First Webcam Was Invented to Check Coffee Levels Without Getting Up
- Target Apologizes for Photoshop Goof Up, Still Dealing with Thigh Gap Fallout
- Miley Cyrus’ Post-Hannah Montana Plans Once Included Photography School