Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Braces Time-Lapse: Watch 18 Months of Teeth Straightening in 30 Seconds
- Why Your Wedding Photographer Won't Give You a Disk of Unedited RAW Files
- Extreme Weight Loss, Photoshop Edition
- Adobe Releases a Murder Mystery PSD for Halloween to Test Your Photoshop Skills
- 7 Things Photographers Wish They Had Learned in Photography School
- Google Ordered to Pay Woman After Capturing Her Cleavage with Street View Cameras
- Famous Album Cover Photos Uncropped to Reveal 'The Bigger Picture'
- 10 Reasons Why a Professional Photographer Left Nikon for Sony Mirrorless
- Psyphotology: A Look at Why People Are Afraid to Be In Front of a Camera, and How to Fix That
- It Would Take 21 of These IBM Hard Drives from 1956 to Hold a Single D800 RAW File