This amazing video shows what lightning looks like when slowed down to 9,000 frames per second. Even if you’ve seen lightning in slow motion before, this video might surprise you. Even at extremely slow speeds, many of the bursts and flashes that go on during a lightning strike happen in what appears to be real time, while the main bolts last for quite some time. It’s definitely an… illuminating video. Har har.
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- Photographer Makes Fruits and Vegetables Glow by Sticking Lights Inside
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- The 10 Most Popular “Photographers” on Instagram
- Canon Cross Media Station Delivers Wireless Transfer and Charging
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Eerie Human Hologram Photograph Shot Using a Tablet and Light Painting
- Beautiful Commercial from Nikon’s “I AM NIKON” Campaign