Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Photographer Has a Close Call at the America’s Cup World Series
- Published on July 2, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Man Has DSLR Stolen by Flight Attendant, Then Finds it on eBay and Gets It Back
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- Coming Soon: 52-Megapixel Cameras in Smartphones
- The Sun-Blaster: How to Build a Powerful DIY 1000W-Equivalent LED Light for $40
- Photo Scanning Businessman Being Sued for $90M After Making $120K Per Week
- Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2: A 'Dream' Portrait Lens from China
- This is Why You Shouldn't Check Your Camera Gear In When Flying
- Man Who Shot South Carolina Police Shooting Wants $10,000 Per Use
- A First-Person Shooter Called Street Photography
- WikiLeaks' Sony Docs: A7r II, A6000 II, and RX Cameras Coming. A-Mount Left to Die?