Boat racing photographer Rob Thorn had a close call at America’s Cup World Series Newport last week. One of the racing catamarans (ORACLE TEAM USA Coutts) clipped the small boat Thorn was shooting on top of, knocking him off balance and nearly sending his Canon 7D, 5D Mark II, and set of lenses into the ocean. Luckily, he was able to regain his balance, and even managed to snap a photograph of the boats colliding.
Photographer Has a Close Call at the America’s Cup World Series
- Published on July 2, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- New Zealand Newspaper Makes 'Appalling' Front Page Photo Mistake by Using Facebook
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- Crop or Crap: Zack Arias Takes a Real-World Look at the Crop vs Full-Frame Debate
- Good Enough to Succeed in Photography
- No Bokeh? No Problem! These Out of Focus Backgrounds Hold You Over Until You Get that Fast Lens
- 6 Flash Alternatives Beginners Should Always Keep in Mind
- This is the Hypnotic Result of Duct Taping a GoPro to a Car Tire
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?