Photographer Jon Meyers has shot many different subjects at his studio in Eugene, Oregon; but the birds of the Cascades Raptor Center were a first. Fortunately, he and his videographer friend Michael Ferry chose to record this unique photo shoot and put together a behind-the-scenes video for anybody interested in how capturing a hawk mid-flight in-studio might work. Plus, it makes for a good way to start off a great weekend.
Behind The Scenes at a Photo Shoot With The Cascades Raptor Center
- Published on May 12, 2012 by DL Cade
Hot Stories Top 100
- New Zealand Newspaper Makes 'Appalling' Front Page Photo Mistake by Using Facebook
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- Crop or Crap: Zack Arias Takes a Real-World Look at the Crop vs Full-Frame Debate
- Good Enough to Succeed in Photography
- No Bokeh? No Problem! These Out of Focus Backgrounds Hold You Over Until You Get that Fast Lens
- 6 Flash Alternatives Beginners Should Always Keep in Mind
- This is the Hypnotic Result of Duct Taping a GoPro to a Car Tire
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?