Matthew Gore of Light & Matter created this beginner-friendly video tutorial on the three basic elements of exposure: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. It’s explained with easy to understand illustrations and examples, and features graphics and sounds that are reminiscent of old 8-bit video games. You can also find a text-based version of the tutorial here.
An 8-Bit Explanation of the Three Basic Components of Exposure
- Published on April 30, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- 7 Simple Tips, Tricks and Ideas for Taking More Creative Smartphone Photos
- Video: See How the Canon 1200mm 'Mother of All Telephoto Lenses' Performs in the Wild
- When You Flip Through an IKEA Catalog, 75% of the 'Photography' You See is CGI
- Why Wedding Photographers' Prices are “Wack”
- The Burning Man Time-Lapse to End All Burning Man Time-Lapses
- Here's How iPhone Thermal Cameras Can Be Used to Steal Your Pin Codes
- Dad Captures Embarrassing Video of Daughter Taking Crazy Selfies in the Backseat
- Photographer Gives Us an Inside Look at Meghalaya, India, 'The Wettest Place On Earth'
- How to Alienate Photography Models in Five Easy Steps
- Photographer Creates a Fantasy World for Her One-Handed Daughter to Show Her Anything is Possible