Matthew Gore of Light & Matter created this beginner-friendly video tutorial on the three basic elements of exposure: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. It’s explained with easy to understand illustrations and examples, and features graphics and sounds that are reminiscent of old 8-bit video games. You can also find a text-based version of the tutorial here.
An 8-Bit Explanation of the Three Basic Components of Exposure
- Published on April 30, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- How I Make Money as a Travel Photographer in 2015
- Lightroom CC Will Be Announced Tomorrow
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- A Look at the Upcoming LG G4 Phone's 'Pro' Camera, f/1.8 Lens, and Manual Controls
- How I Built My First Photo Studio Over the Course of Three Months
- Man Claims the Sony RX100 III Has Dangerous Levels of Radiation, Is Quickly Shot Down
- Woman Pointing Smartphone Camera at Police Has It Snatched and Smashed
- A Wedding Photographer Story
- Ted Forbes Answers the Question 'Should I Work for Free?'
- Adobe Unveils Lightroom CC: Speed Boost, RAW HDR and Pano, Face Finding, and More