Want to see how Las Vegas has grown from 1972 through 2010? NASA created this unique time-lapse video using photographs captured by Landsat satellites. From this perspective, it almost looks like humans are a mold spreading across the face of a fruit.
Time-Lapse Growth of Las Vegas as Seen Through Space Photos
- Published on March 6, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- Famous Photographers Holding Their Iconic Photographs
- Bride Drowns in Shallow Water During Last Photo Shoot in Dress
- Gone in 30 Seconds: Photog Holds Show and Invites Strangers to Steal His Photos
- Olympus Slated to Supply Sony With Lenses in Two-Way Alliance
- Humor: Replacing the Cigarettes in Mad Men with Party Horns