There are plenty of presets out there that attempt to make your digital images look like they were shot with film, but VSCO Film by Visual Supply Co is different: it’s a Lightroom and Adobe Camera RAW add-on that uses film profiles to change how the RAW files are interpreted rather than simply perform standard adjustments on the images. The video introduction above shows some examples of what the various options can do. This patent-pending method of film emulation doesn’t come cheap — it costs $120 each for Canon or Nikon profiles, and $200 for both.
VSCO Film Offers Fancy Schmancy Film Emulation for Digital RAW Photos
- Published on January 18, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- Man Has DSLR Stolen by Flight Attendant, Then Finds it on eBay and Gets It Back
- Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2: A 'Dream' Portrait Lens from China
- Man Who Shot South Carolina Police Shooting Wants $10,000 Per Use
- Coming Soon: 52-Megapixel Cameras in Smartphones
- A Wedding Photographer Story
- These Animated GIFs Show the Evolution of Cameras Through History
- Man Claims the Sony RX100 III Has Dangerous Levels of Radiation, Is Quickly Shot Down
- Ted Forbes Answers the Question 'Should I Work for Free?'
- The Sun-Blaster: How to Build a Powerful DIY 1000W-Equivalent LED Light for $40