Photographer Kien Lam quit his job last year and embarked on a 343 day backpacking journey around the world. He ended up traveling through 17 different countries and capturing 6237 photographs in the process. To share his incredible journey, he created this beautiful time-lapse video with short glimpses into various locations he visited. Each 2 second segment is made up of about 40-60 still photographs.
A Year-Long Journey Around the World Captured in Time-Lapse
- Published on January 4, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- This Guy's Wife Refused to Take Maternity Photos, So He Posed for Them Instead
- Chinese SWAT Member and Fiancée's Action-Packed Engagement Photos Go Viral
- How I Photograph the Milky Way in the Light-Polluted Skies of Singapore
- 'Time-Lapse' Condenses 1 Hour of Air Strikes into 1 Minute, Shows Gaza Neighborhood Leveled
- Sony a7S Astrophotography Review
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Shoot Hazy and Ethereal Photos Using a Sandwich Bag and Colored Markers
- Would You Pay $35,000 to Buy the Only Print of This Gorgeous Cape Town Photograph?
- Rumor: Nikon Planning to Release a Camera Featuring Sony's 50MP Medium Format CMOS Sensor
- Urbex Photographer Discovers Eerie 'Train Graveyard' in North Carolina Forest