J. Mettälä took a camera under a frozen lake in Finland and captured this beautiful (and mind-bending) footage of his friends fishing in an upside-down world.
The Mind-Boggling Upside-Down World Beneath the Surface of a Frozen Lake
- Published on January 3, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Things I Learned After My Photo Hit #1 on Reddit, and Why I Probably Shouldn't Have Posted It
- Ghostly Images of WiFi Signals Captured Using Long Exposure Photography and an Android App
- iOS App Solves the Problem of 'Overswiping' When You Hand a Friend your Phone to Look at Photos
- Stop Hiding: Show YOU and You Won't be 'Just Another Photographer with Pretty Images'
- Kayakers Raised Out of the Water by Playful Whale, Capture the Incredible Encounter on Camera
- No Cameras Allowed: Is it Real or Fake?
- Photographer Turns Her Spam Emails into Imagined Portraits of the Imaginary Senders
- Video: A Comprehensive Guide to Developing Your Own Color Film
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- DJI DropSafe Automatic Parachute Will Try to Save Your Camera if Your Drone Falls Out of the Sky
- Canada to Try and Capture Single Falling Snowflakes on Camera
- Flickr Beefs Up Privacy with “Geofences”
- Stunning Aerial Video of Spring Flooding in Alberta Shot with a Drone-Mounted NEX-5N
- Canon 1D C Firmware Update is Service Center-Only, Has Photogs Wondering
- 12,225 Mile Road Trip Around America in a 5-Minute Time-Lapse