J. Mettälä took a camera under a frozen lake in Finland and captured this beautiful (and mind-bending) footage of his friends fishing in an upside-down world.
The Mind-Boggling Upside-Down World Beneath the Surface of a Frozen Lake
- Published on January 3, 2012 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- This is What Happens When a Football Player Lands on a $10,499 Canon Lens
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs
- This Free App Uses Your Smartphone's Camera to Do Your Math Homework for You
- Video of the Aurora Borealis in Real Time Shot on the Sony A7s at ISO 25600 with No Noise Reduction
- Photographer's 100-Year-Old Notebook Discovered in Antarctica After Snow Melts
- Flickr Responds to XKCD Challenge with Site that Tells You if Your Picture Has a Park or Bird in It
- The Singh Project: Portraits that Show the Diversity of Sikh Men
- Make a Rain Machine to Spice Up Your Portraits for $20 and Some Elbow Grease
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers