Bill Gates’ image licensing company Corbis has collection of more than 100 million photographs, including some of history’s most iconic images. CBS was recently given a rare peek inside the company’s photo preservation facility at Iron Mountain — a maximum security cold storage facility in a mine deep underground.
A Rare Look Inside Corbis’ Underground Photo Preservation Facility
- Published on December 12, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs