On 11/11/11, Gerald Donovan aimed his Canon 5D Mark II and 14mm f/2.8 at Downtown Dubai and set it to shoot one photograph every 30 seconds. He left it there for 24 hours, and then took the 2880 photographs and turned them into this beautiful time-lapse showing the passing of a day. What’s neat is that the reflection of the sun and moon can be seen going up and down the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
24-Hour Time-Lapse of Downtown Dubai
- Published on November 14, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Taylor Swift Crashes Young Fan's Photo Shoot While Out Jogging in Nashville
- A Mother's Darkly Humorous Portraits of 'Domestic Bliss'
- Sony Announces the a7II: The World's First Full-Frame Camera with 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Musician Ryan Adams Stops Show to Yell at Fan Whose Flash Triggers His Ménière’s Disease
- Aerial Photographs Capture the Aftermath of This Week's Brutal Snow Storm in Buffalo, NY
- Lammily Doll With Realistic Measurements Gets a Photoshop Makeover in Powerful Video
- Rumor: Sony a9 Pro Full Frame E-Mount Will Be the First of a New, Higher-End Line
- This Small, Portable Flash Cube Can Pump Out 1,500 Lumens of Light for Your GoPro or Smartphone
- Dramatic Black-and-White Studio Portraits of Goats and Sheep... Seriously