YouTube user smithje77 and his dog recently embarked on a cross-country road trip from Seattle to Maine (3,000+ miles!), and he decided to document the journey by programming his Droid X to snap a photograph every 90 seconds (the script is available here). Afterward, he took all the stills captured and combined them into one epic time-lapse video that shows what it’s like to drive from coast to coast.
Time-lapse Road Trip: A Photo Every 90 Seconds from Seattle to Maine
- Published on September 16, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- This Sports Photographer Missed an Incredible Catch and Got Fired... Except He Didn't... and He...
- Impressive Product Photograph Captured with a Smartphone, a Lamp, and a Few Flashlights
- CNN Cameraman Pits the iPhone 6 Against His Standard Issue Broadcast Camera
- Power Hungry: Poignant Photos Compare the Meals of the Rich and Poor Throughout History
- Flickr Taking Heat from CC Photographers for Selling Their Work as Wall Art Without Compensation
- Hasselblad Unveils the Stellar II: A Luxury Item 'Not Intended to Be Judged Against Other Cameras'
- Real World Video of the Sony a7II's 5-Axis Stabilization Shifting the Sensor
- Revisiting the Case of the Wedding Photographer Threatened with a $300,000 Lawsuit
- Creative Underexposure with Nikon DSLRs
- Android-Powered Samsung NX Spotted in Leaked Photograph?
- Hackers Create a DIY Flare Gun Camera
- FAA ‘Looking Into’ $10,000 Fine for Using Drone to Document Tornado Damage
- 45 Years After the Moon Landing, We Look Back at the Best Photos from Apollo 11
- Guy Proposes to Five Princesses at Disney World for a Set of Fun, Memorable Photos