Street photographer Bruce Gilden has a pretty distinct style of getting into strangers’ faces and firing off a flash held in his other hand. Eric Kim — who recently started doing street photography full-time — created this behind-the-scenes video showing himself employing Gilden’s trademark style, though instead of a Leica he uses a Canon 5D. The lens he’s using is a Canon 24mm f/2.8, and the flash is a YN-560.
Ambushing Strangers in Hollywood with a Canon 5D and Handheld Flash
- Published on August 4, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- How to Do Cinematic Color Grading on Your Photos with Photoshop
- Arkansas Passes Privacy Bill That Could Kill Street Photography
- Instagram Censors Photo of Fully Clothed Woman on Period, Causes Uproar
- 13 Mind-Bending Thoughts About Photography
- Taking Pictures: A Cute Animated Short About Love and Photography
- Seascapes: Ocean Waves Photographed to Look Like Mountain Ranges
- Photographers Shooting in West Virginia Reportedly Harassed and Detained by 'Mob'
- Humor: That Annoying 'Take Another Photo!' Girl You Always Get in Group Portraits
- Pranksters Put Up Fake 'Shot on iPhone 6' Ads Next to Real Apple Billboards
- The World's Smallest 80MP Medium Format Camera for Drones Unveiled by Phase One Industrial