Freelance news photographer Phil Datz was recording the conclusion of a police chase from the opposite sidewalk last Friday when he was confronted by a police officer and commanded to “go away”. Though he politely obeyed and moved a block further from the scene, the officer decided to arrest him for “obstruction of governmental administration”. The latest news is that the department is planning to drop the charges and put its officers through “media relations training”.
News Photographer Arrested for Filming End of Police Chase from Sidewalk
- Published on August 3, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- This Free App Uses Your Smartphone's Camera to Do Your Math Homework for You
- This Photo of China's President in the Rain Just Won the Country's Equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize
- This is What Happens When a Football Player Lands on a $10,499 Canon Lens
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10