I’m not sure how useful this would be for most people, but it’s a neat look at the kinds of technologies people are working on to enrich our photo sharing experience. Pass-Them-Around is an app developed by researchers at Nokia that lets you share digital photographs with friends sitting around a table as if you had physical prints sitting in front of you. The phones can also be placed side by side to act as larger displays for the photos.
Passing Photos Around a Table Digitally
- Published on June 16, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- Sports Illustrated Lays Off All Remaining Staff Photographers
- Deal Alert: Amazon Prime on Sale for $77, Today Only
- First Sony NEX-3N Photo Leaks, Shows an Electronic Zoom Dial
- PetCam Series Turns Adorable Animals from Around the World Into Published Photographers
- A Hands-On Demo of Fujifilm’s New Split Image Manual Focusing Feature
- Gorgeous Photographs of the Supermoon Rising Above a Swiss Peak
- Beautiful Light Painting Photos Created on the Streets of NYC in the 1970s