You’ve probably seen gigapixel photos and timelapse videos before, but how about a fusion of the two? Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University have a project called GigaPan Time Machine that features gigapixel time-lapse videos of things ranging from plants growing to a university carnival. They also set up a wiki describing how you can create your own time-lapse using a GigaPan Pro.
Gigapixel Time-lapse Videos Provide Window into Space and Time
- Published on April 22, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- Camera+ For iPhone is Free Through November 16th; Here's How to Get It
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- Shot Face: Portraits of People Captured Immediately After Taking a Shot of Booze
- This Photographer Has an Interesting Technique for Keeping His Subjects' Eyes Glued to Him
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Cheap Camera Challenge: A Hole for a Viewfinder, No LCD, and No Idea if You're Actually Taking...
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Steampunk Friends for Life: A Little Story About the Power of Networking as a Photographer
- How to Make a Padded Lens Case Using Plastic Bottles
- Photography Can Be Like Fashion, Or It Can Be a Lifelong Linear Process
- Fujifilm Releases X-Pro1 Sample Photos, M-Mount Adapter on the Way
- 35mm Altoids Mint Tin Pinhole Camera
- Adobe Reveals Parallel and Contour Apps to go With Mighty and Napoleon Hardware