If you’re looking to get started in studio portraiture, here’s a great tutorial by prophotolife teaching three different lighting techniques (Rembrandt, butterfly, and edge) you can do using only one light.
Three Studio Portrait Lighting Techniques Using a Single Light
- Published on April 15, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- World Press Photo Strips Giovanni Troilo of His First Prize Win for Misrepresenting Photo
- This Camera Will Capture a 1,000-Year Exposure That Ends in 3015 for History's Slowest Photo
- Photographer Captures What Male Entitlement Feels Like to Women Who Experience It
- Photographer Captures Weasel Riding on the Back of a Flying Woodpecker
- This Slow-Mo Clip Shows What It's Like to Photograph Planes Landing at Maho Beach
- A Photographer's Review of the Canon 11-24mm f/4L
- Photographer Proposes by Flashing the Big Question Onto His Girlfriend's Portrait Backdrop
- Octopus Grabs Camera, Photographs Photographer, and Becomes Famous
- This Museum is Designed for Fun 3D Illusion Photos Featuring Visitors
- A Frog Riding a Beetle: Is This a Real Wildlife Photo or a Bunch of BS?