This Science Channel “How Its Made” segment shows the manufacturing process for CCD semiconductors, which are the sensors found in many digital cameras. For the difference between CCD and CMOS, check out this How Stuff Works article.
How CCD Sensors Are Manufactured
- Published on March 31, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- National Geographic Lists Its Top 10 Compact Cameras for Travelers
- GoPro HERO4 Revealed! 4K Video at 30FPS and the First Built-In Touch Display
- Nixie: A Tiny Flying Camera Drone You Wear On Your Wrist
- GoPro to Launch a Cheaper, Low-End Action Camera Simply Called the HERO. Here It Is.
- Judging America: A Series of Jarring Portrait GIFs that Alternate Between Judgement and Reality
- The Types of People You Find in a NEW Photographer Facebook Group
- A Breathtaking Motion Time-Lapse Tour of Norway
- Dream Creatures: Reflected Images of Tree Bark Reveal the Faces Hiding in the Forest
- Lens Comparison Shows Off a Big Advantage of Micro Four Thirds: No Future Back Surgery
- Extreme Weather and Your Camera: How to Get the Shot and Protect Your Gear