This Science Channel “How Its Made” segment shows the manufacturing process for CCD semiconductors, which are the sensors found in many digital cameras. For the difference between CCD and CMOS, check out this How Stuff Works article.
How CCD Sensors Are Manufactured
- Published on March 31, 2011 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- Artist Sparks Outrage After Using Instagram to Share Her Vandalism of at Least 10 National Parks
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- Video: The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10
- A Photograph of Your Face in a Jar Makes for a Creepy Halloween Prank
- GoPro Vs. Golf Club: See if a Naked GoPro Can Survive a Swing from a 9 Iron
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs