Last week we shared the awesome fact that chickens have image stabilized heads. If you’ve been wondering about it, it’s actually called the vestibulo-ocular reflex. Naturally (and… nerdily?) people started suggesting that someone should try making a steadicam using a chicken. Well, YouTube user Destin actually went ahead and did it… The results can be seen in the video above.
Do It Yourself Steadicam Using a Chicken
- Published on December 8, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Nikon's D810 Beats Out Its Predecessors to Become DxOMark's Top Sensor
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot