A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Filipino Domestic Worker Earns Prestigious Magnum Fellowship for Her Photography
- Call of Duty Ad Imagines the Crazy Man Behind the KillCam Camera
- Photographer Shoots a Portrait of Every Book Reader Spotted on the Subway
- JPEG Voodoo: Or, Does JPEG File Size Matter?
- Photographer Makes Fruits and Vegetables Glow by Sticking Lights Inside
- 31 Rolls of Undeveloped Film from a Soldier in WWII Discovered and Processed
- Underwater Photographer Finds Himself Engulfed by a Sperm Whale 'Poopsplosion'
- The Leatherman Tread Moves Your Multi-Tool Out of Your Camera Bag and Onto Your Wrist
- Photographer Suing Nike for Ripping Off His Photo for Its Iconic Jordan 'Jumpman' Logo
- Animated GIFs Reveal the Retouching That Went Into Composited Photos
- Taxi Snapshot is an App That Turns NYC Taxicabs into Social Photo Booths
- Comic: The Instagram Hoopla Translated Into a Real-World Allegory
- Canon Dropping Humans From Assembly Lines, May Go Fully Robotic by 2015
- LensRacks is a Modular Storage System for Camera Gear Hoarders
- Video: How Carl Zeiss’ New Touit Lenses Are Manufactured