A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Humor: Local Woman Prints iPhone Photos, Leaving Friends and Family Shocked
- 10 Things Non-Photo People Do That Annoy the Crap Out of Photo Enthusiasts
- Top 10 Rules of Travel Photography
- Curious Coincidence: Photo Shows Same Time and Place as Frame from Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'
- Best Photobomb Ever? Queen Sneaks Into Selfie at Commonwealth Games
- Eerie and Fascinating Photos of a Completely Empty New York City Taken in 1964
- Understanding Aperture: Why Shooting Wide Open Isn't Always the Best Choice
- Video: Blind Photographer Shows Us What it Really Means to 'See'
- Student and Photo Enthusiast Takes His Own Grad Photo, Blows Away the Standard Grad Shot
- Border Official Threatens Boy Scout with 10 Years in Prison and $10K Fine for Taking a Picture
- Composite Nighttime Space Photo Shows India’s Growth Over the Years
- Video: Fashion Photography Veterans on Photographing from ‘the Pit’
- Tell Time in a Snap with This Nifty Camera Clock Pendant Necklace
- BTS: Shooting a Beautiful and Creative ‘Angel’ Wedding Photo
- Reuters Photog Gets Into a Fight With a Bull, Somehow Saves His Camera