A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Video: Football Player Falls On and Snaps Canon Telephoto Lens in Half on the Sideline
- Beauty Retouching from the Early 1900s: A Portrait of Actress Joan Crawford That's 'Photoshopped'
- Photographer Alex Teuscher's Moody Photos of New York City 'Above as Below'
- Photographer Accidentally Captures a Rare Fireball Explosion in His Night Sky Time-Lapse
- This Nighttime Shoot Involved 9,000 Pounds of Gear and Skiers Covered with 7,000 LEDs
- Photographer Pays Homage to Childhood by Inserting Star Wars Into Real World Snapshots
- Couple Imagines Everything that Could Go Wrong while Babysitting in Fun Photoshop Series
- The 'Study of Pose': An Encyclopedia of 1,000 Different Poses by Supermodel Coco Rocha
- This Free App Turns Your Android Phone into a Universal IR DSLR Remote
- ChargeAll is the World's Smallest Battery Pack with a Standard Wall Outlet for Charging Your Gear
- Photos of the White House Gutted During Its Truman Reconstruction
- The Invention of the Pigeon Camera for Aerial Photography
- Vincent Laforet Rediscovers the Joy of Film During ‘Cheap Camera’ Challenge
- A Mathematical Look at Focal Length and Crop Factor
- Panasonic G5, FZ200 and LX7 Picture and Info Leak One Day Before Announcement