A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- Man Has DSLR Stolen by Flight Attendant, Then Finds it on eBay and Gets It Back
- Coming Soon: 52-Megapixel Cameras in Smartphones
- Policeman Returns Woman's Smartphone by Posting Photos to Her Facebook Page
- Photo Scanning Businessman Being Sued for $90M After Making $120K Per Week
- The Sun-Blaster: How to Build a Powerful DIY 1000W-Equivalent LED Light for $40
- This is Why You Shouldn't Check Your Camera Gear In When Flying
- Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2: A 'Dream' Portrait Lens from China
- Man Who Shot South Carolina Police Shooting Wants $10,000 Per Use
- A First-Person Shooter Called Street Photography
- WikiLeaks' Sony Docs: A7r II, A6000 II, and RX Cameras Coming. A-Mount Left to Die?