A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- 20 of Apple's Favorite Photos Shot with the iPhone 6
- Download a Free Copy of the $60 Perfect Effects 9 by onOne Software
- Leonard Nimoy's Passion for Photography
- What Color is This Dress? Is it Under or Over Exposed?
- 12,225 Mile Road Trip Around America in a 5-Minute Time-Lapse
- This Gigantic Collection of 600 Vintage Cameras is for Sale on eBay: It's Yours for $35K
- How Photoshop's Sharpening Tools Work and How to Best Use Them
- MTF Testing the Canon 11-24mm f/4L, the World's Widest Full Frame Rectilinear Lens
- Photographer Captures What Male Entitlement Feels Like to Women Who Experience It
- Unusual Photo Questions Asked at a Camera Store in Ventura, California