A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- GoPro Survives 17 Months Bouncing Around a Riverbed After Filming Its Final Moments
- Revisiting the Case of the Wedding Photographer Threatened with a $300,000 Lawsuit
- Marked Up Photographs Show How Iconic Prints Were Edited in the Darkroom
- Inside the Warrior: Striking Portraits that Reveal the Masculine Side of Yoga
- Musician Ryan Adams Stops Show to Yell at Fan Whose Flash Triggers His Ménière’s Disease
- A Photo Found on a Fuji X100S That Paid a Visit to the Fuji Repair Facility
- When Pricing Your Photography, Focus on the Value of Your Images
- Next iPhone Camera Said to Pack a 'Weird Two Lens System' That Delivers 'DSLR Quality'
- Taylor Swift Crashes Young Fan's Photo Shoot While Out Jogging in Nashville
- NASA Releases Spectacular New Realistic Color Image of Jupiter's Moon Europa