A few years ago New Zealand-based Flickr photog fettucininz was looking for an easier way to position his flash for table top photography, when he found that his old desk lamp had just the right screw thread for mounting his flash. The resulting setup is ultra flexible and super cheap (it’s free, after all). If you have an old balanced-arm desk lamp lying around, see if you can repurpose the thing as a nifty flash stand.
Pixar-Style Lamp Repurposed for Tabletop Lighting
- Published on May 25, 2010 by Michael Zhang
Hot Stories Top 100
- What Would You Do if the Prime Minister of India Stole Your Photo?
- Old Faithful: Studio Portraits of Really Old Dogs
- Florida Man Shoots Selfie with Phone After Ex-Lover Shoots Him with Gun
- Monopods No Longer Allowed at OU Football Games Because of Lens Crushing Incident
- This Free App Uses Your Smartphone's Camera to Do Your Math Homework for You
- This Photo of China's President in the Rain Just Won the Country's Equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize
- This is What Happens When a Football Player Lands on a $10,499 Canon Lens
- How to Capture a Complex 5-Light Beer Bottle Product Shot from Start to Finish
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Nikon Scores Another DxOMark Hit with the D750, Its 6th Camera to Make the Top 10